CSE- Certified Standards Expert
600 Acceptability Criteria
The Certified Standards Expert (CSE) is a subject matter professional with a high level of knowledge and understanding of a specific IPC standard or group of standards. The role of the Certified Standards Expert may vary by organization, but the CSE will be able to:
- Act as a subject matter expert for their organization, answering standard related questions, providing support to various levels of the organization, and, interpreting the standard for their organization.
- Judge organizational conflicts in opinion of a viewed condition.
- Act as the intermediary between the organization and IPC staff and/or industry experts on standards questions.
- Update the organization on the latest standards and best practices from industry.
- Provide feedback to standards committees on updates to the process for inclusion in the standards.
- Interface with designers and process engineers to develop assembly processes.
- The Certified Standards Expert (CSE) program is divided into two levels:
- Certified Standards Expert (CSE)
- Senior Standards Expert (SCSE)
What does the CSE certify?
- The CSE program confirms that an individual has demonstrated the level of knowledge and understanding required to act as a subject matter expert for a specific IPC standard including:
- The IPC Certified Standards Expert (CSE) possesses the ability to:
- Navigate the IPC standard quickly and efficiently
- Identify relevant sections of the standard to address specific questions
- Act as a subject matter expert on all matters related to the standard
- Apply the standard to specific company needs
How does this certification differ from the IPC Certified IPC Trainer (CIT)?
- The CIT program is designed for classroom instructors. It confirms that an individual has the technical and pedagogical knowledge and skills required to train individuals in the IPC Certified IPC Specialist (CIS) program.
- A CIT must host at least one IPC course per calendar year.
- A Certified Standards Expert (CSE) is not required to train.
Who can provide the IPC CSE training program?
- The IPC CSE training program must be conducted by an MIT that is, at the time of the training, certified as a Master IPC trainer in the specific standard being taught.
Who can offer the IPC Certified Standards Experts (CSE) certification
- Only IPC Training Centers may offer training and testing for the IPC Certified Standards Experts (CSE) certification.